Reverse imaging can be a tedious procedure for some of us but is necessary to keep our vDisks up-to-date with hypervisor tools and cumulative hotfixes for PVS. Here are my 14 steps:
01. Boot your target device to the vDisk you want to reverse image with additional disk attached (same size or larger than the vDisk).
02. Make sure the new disk is visible in Windows Disk Management and mounted as a drive (i.e. D:\).
03. Use BNImage or XenConvert to copy the vDisk to the added drive (both tools are located under C:\Program Files\Citrix\Provisioning Services).
04. Make sure the new volue is set to Active in Disk Management.
05. Set the device to boot from Hard Disk in the PVS console.
06. Boot the device to Hard Drive by manually changing the boot order in BIOS.
07. Remove any antivirus software (Reboot).
08. Remove PVS target device software (Reboot).
09. Update hypervisor tools if necessary (Reboot).
10. Install latest PVS target device software (Reboot).
11. Run the PVS Imaging Wizard (System will reboot automatically and will continue to finish the conversion process). Before reboot change the boot order in BIOS to Network boot.
12. Switch the device to boot from vDisk in the PVS console (in Private or Maintenance Mode).
13. Install Antivirus software.
14. You are done.
What are yours? 🙂